Instructor: Emma Clites LMT
16 CE credits
9:00am to 5:00pm
Learn about the compassionate practice of Hospice massage and gain skills to provide comforting and therapeutic touch to individuals on their end-of-life journey.
In this class students will:
- Discover what Hospice is and how you can be a part of it as a massage therapist.
- Evaluate their skills and abilities to see if Hospice massage is a good fit
- Learn about common misconceptions surrounding Hospice and Hospice massage
- Identify situations where massage can be beneficial in the Hospice environment and when it is not
- Determine how to apply massage for common hospice concerns
- Become aware of common skin anomalies and diagnoses that you will be exposed to
- Discuss how certain similarities and differences between disease symptoms affect the care plan
- Experience hands on practice in a mock clinic
No materials needed. Wear comfortable clothing and be prepared for an experiential learning environment.